Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony that's life...Try to make ends meet ,you're a slave to the money then you die...I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down...You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet...

Friday, April 09, 2004

Me Today!


Being pessimistic only lead you to nothing!
Listen to--Weezer: The world has turned and left me

This post is for provoking people to vote. LOL. No. It's just about my opinion on voting In Indonesia. There are so many negative voices I heard about our voting from the foreign and also from the citizen itself. But from the enthusiasms I see from Indonesian for this voting is great, look, the number of people who vote this year is bigger than last voting. For me it seems that most of the citizen are actually want Indonesia to grow, to get out of this misery! And that was a positive thing. I still have faith for Indonesia because I'm tired of this injustice and chaos. And I'm PRETTY SURE that most of Indonesians feel the same as I do. I believe there're still many Indonesians that aware of their country problems and capable to fix it.

I want to change it and being pessimistic will not lead you to something. Being pessimistic is only lead you to worst case scenario.

Being pessimistic toward politics will lead you to nothing. You will doubt everything that government do. Even if it for the best. I'm not being naive about the politics. I know politics will never appear clear and pure, it always mean and dirty, I know that. At first, I'm being pessimistic like anyone else. That's normal. Indonesians are suffer too long from this chaotic condition. It's normal, that most of the people will doubt this voting--I said 'most of the people' not 'all the people' because I don't want to generalizing. Generalizing is not good, it leads to group think. Back to the problem, it is normal to doubt it at first, but doubting will not lead you to change. You have to make an action out of it! And now, the government give you a way to do it. So why waste?--think about Myanmar whose government is a dictator--you SHOULD be grateful.

Maybe some of you will ask, what if they--the bad people--cheat on the voting, what if they change the number of voting, etc. Lets take the risk!! I still have faith that if they do it, then we still can do something about it, like perhaps sue them! Or kill them!--Kiddin’ *grins*

We have to take the risk. I’m sure all of us have common sense and humanity inside us--even if it a little. LOL. So, we can use our common sense and humanity to vote, to choose what’s the best! Why waste your common sense and humanity! Are you rather to waste your common sense to unimportant thing than your country future? You’re live in it, you’re a part of it, do’h! Don’t you want to be proud of your country? Wait, lets forget about the pride, think about the people in it, if you have humanity at least you will consider about it again.

Well, the point is, being pessimistic is useless. Maybe because of being pessimistic, you choose not to vote. Fine. For me, you don’t have a right to criticize the country further. If you want to change the country, criticize and being pessimistic are NOT ENOUGH. YOU NEED TO ACT, DUDE! The voting in Indonesia is different from the last one and it’s better than the last one. Well, it’s better in some ways. It’s a good start. If we don’t take a chance now, then when? What if there’s NO tomorrow? Then what will you do? You DO need to act--to vote, to demonstrate--whatever.

For the pessimistic people out there, who do not vote: Go ahead sit in the pitiful corner, take a comfortable seat and put a sorrowful face on and DON’T YOU DARE TO CRITICIZE! Not even moaning about it. Because your moaning, criticize and your pessimistic attitude will NOT CHANGE Indonesia. So go ahead blame yourself.

A country is not only you and I, dude! There are a lot of people in it. So, think about them, think about their future, OUR FUTURE. And STOP being selfish at once. And start to think POSITIVE.


Damn, I should be majoring in Social Politics instead of Psychology. LMAO. Comments will be appreciated. Thanks for letting me rant. And yes, I think I will have Politics Psychology for next semester's subject.


Edit--We canceled the DATE. Yeah, Damn storm and Dimas is so busy with the Exhibition thing. Maybe Sunday. Maybe.